Summer 2023 (July 2 – July 29)
Your $3,200 fee covers:
- $1,500 tuition for 6 semester credits at the undergraduate or masters level by the Universidad Autónomo Metropolitano (UAM)
- $1,500 for lodging and most food
- $200 for ground transportation within Mexico
Fall 2023 (September 16th – November 25th)
The $7,500 program fee covers:
- $3,500 covers tuition for 16 semester credits of courses accredited at the undergraduate or masters level by the Universidad Autónomo Metropolitano (UAM-Xochimilco).
- $3,500 for lodging and most food
- $500 for ground transportation in Mexico
Unfortunately, scholarships are not available for 2023 programs.
Any student that withdrawals at least one day before the start date of the program can receive a refund, less the $500 deposit. Notification of withdrawal from the AUSM Study Abroad program must be received in writing.
After the start date of the program, refunds will be made according to the following schedule, calculated from the date AUSM is notified by the student in writing:
- By Saturday of the first week of the program:
80% of tuition and fees minus the $500 deposit and minus any scholarship awards.
- By Saturday of the second week of the program:
60% of tuition and fees minus the $500 deposit and minus any scholarship awards.
No refunds are available after the second week of the program; however, in case of medical or family emergencies, AUSM will consider, on a case by case basis, application of payment to another semester program.
In the event that the program itself is canceled before the start date of the program, all funds, including the $500 deposit, will be refunded or applied to a future program, at the discretion of the applicant.
If the program is canceled after the start date of the program, AUSM will continue the program online and refunds for room & board will be made according to the following schedule:
- If program is canceled during the first 4 weeks of the program, 2/3 of room & board will be refunded.
- If program is canceled between the 5th and 8th week of the program, 1/3 of room & board will be refunded.
- No refund will be made after the 8th week of the program.
Where the Money Goes: Study Abroad Finances– read about how your tuition is spent
Full payment is due one month before the date of departure from the US. Late payments incur an additional 10% charge. If full payment is not received by the departure date, students cannot participate in the program.
Checks should be made payable to AUSM and sent to AUSM, 3320 W Foster Ave. #135, Chicago, IL 60625 . Visa or Mastercard payments can be made here or by calling our office. Visa or Mastercard payments incur a 4% processing fee.
Emergency Travel Insurance
All students will need to purchase an emergency travel insurance. At a minimum, the emergency travel insurance will cover “emergency hospitalization,” “emergency evacuation,” “emergency repatriation,” to the US and COVID related medical expenses. For students whose current insurance policies do not offer adequate coverage, AUSM can provide insurance through INEXT.
Participants are responsible for
~ Emergency travel insurance
~ $400 – $700 for round-trip airfare from home to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico.
~ $300 – $700 for miscellaneous incidental expenses (click here for our estimated breakdown)
Financial aid from home institution
If you are receiving financial aid from your home institution, the aid may be transferable to the AUSM Study Abroad program. Consult with your study abroad and/or academic advisor to arrange for this transfer. We offer basic suggestions for finding financial aid here.
Scholarships are temporarily suspended during 2023.