Fall: June 15
Spring: Nov 15
Summer: March 15
Important Admissions Information
Take the first steps to study in solidarity with Mexico’s most dynamic social movements :
Complete the online application
Pay the $25 application fee
What to expect from the application process:
After you submit the online application and pay the $25 application fee, we will contact you to complete the next steps:
(NOTE: For best results, use the most current Adobe Reader (download here) for filling out and saving the fillable PDF forms)
• Reference Form: Ask two people (1 must be a professor, the other can be an activist, staff person, or professor) to email the completed Reference Form to us at studyabroad [at] ausm [dot] community
• Essay Responses: fill out and return to us at studyabroad [at] ausm [dot] community
After we receive your references and essay questions we will set up an over-the-phone interview. If accepted into the program, you will be notified and asked to complete the following steps:
• Confirmation of Participation: within two weeks of your official acceptance, you must send in the completed last page of this document and make your $500 deposit in order to secure your place on the program
• Approval of Participation: You and your study abroad office, academic advisor, or the Registrar will complete to ensure credit transfer upon successful completion of the program.
• Medical Form: You and your physician will need to fill out this form in conjunction with a recent medical examination.
• Forward us your official flight confirmation with a hi-resolution color copy of your passport attached in one email.
• Emergency Traveler’s Insurance: All study abroad participants are required to have “emergency hospitalization” and “emergency repatriation” coverage for the length of the program. Most domestic insurance policies do not cover this and only some international travel policies do. Our insurance agent offers this specific coverage to our students at a very affordable rate (approximately $120/semester, $40/summer). Therefore, participants must send us their policy coverage with the “emergency hospitalization” and “emergency repatriation” clauses highlighted, or pay the appropriate fee to AUSM to get coverage through our insurance agent.
We will send orientation materials and pre-program readings a month before the program starts.