Fall: May 1st
Spring: November 1st
Summer: March 15th
Important Admissions Information
- be at least 18 years old
- have at least two semesters of university-level Spanish or equivalent independent study
- have a passport that remains valid until at least 6 months after the program ends
We encourage folks who: a) exhibit a history of commitment to grassroots political struggles, b) are highly motivated and open to new experiences, and c) are from low-income families, especially those from families who recently immigrated to North America to apply!
Take the first steps to study in solidarity with Cuba:
Complete the online application
Pay the $25 application fee
What to expect from the application process:
After you submit the online application and pay the $25 application fee, we will contact you to complete the next steps:
(NOTE: For best results, use the most current Adobe Reader (download here) for filling out and saving the fillable .PDF forms)
• Reference Form: Ask two people (1 must be a professor, the other can be an activist, staff person, or professor) to visit ausm.community/reference and complete the online form.
• Essay Responses: fill out and return to us at studyabroad [at] ausm [dot] community
After we received your references and essay questions we will set up an over-the-phone interview. If accepted into the program, you will be notified and asked to complete the following steps:
• Confirmation of Participation: within two weeks of your official acceptance, you must send in the completed last page of this document and make your $500 deposit in order to secure your place on the program
• Approval of Participation: You and your study abroad office, academic advisor, or Registrar will fill this out to ensure credit transfer upon successful completion of the program.
• Medical Form: You and your physician will need to fill out this form in conjunction with a recent medical examination.
• Forward us your official flight confirmation with a hi-resolution color copy of your passport attached in one email.
• Emergency Traveler’s Insurance: All .
We will send orientation materials and pre-program readings a month before the program starts.