Summer: March 15th
Important Admissions Information
Take the first steps to study in solidarity with Brazil’s most dynamic social movement:
Complete the online application
Pay the $25 application fee
What to expect from the application process:
After you submit the online application and pay the $25 application fee, we will contact you to complete the next steps:
• Submit two academic or activist letters of reference: Forward the Reference Form to your two references for completion. Ask them to send the completed forms to us by email (preferred) or snail mail.
• Answer these essay questions and send them to us via email as a .pdf attachment (NOTE: if you use Apple Preview for opening .pdf files, you must click out of the box before saving or it will erase your answers)
After we received your references and essay questions, we will set up a phone or Skype interview. Once accepted into the program, you will be asked to complete the following steps (Offers of admission are generally made within a week of the interview):
• Within two weeks of your acceptance, please send a Confirmation of Participation form and make a non-refundable deposit of $500 to reserve your place on the program.
• You and your physician will need to fill out a medical form reflecting the results of a recent medical examination. Please make your doctor’s appointment early as it can often be difficult to see doctors at the last minute.
• Submit the following forms: Approval of Participation, Conditions of Participation, Release Form , flight information, hi-res color copy of passport.
• All study abroad participants are required to obtain “emergency hospitalization” and “emergency repatriation” insurance coverage. Most domestic insurance policies do not provide this kind of coverage, and only some international travel policies do. AUSM’s insurance agent offers this coverage to our students at a very affordable rate. Participants must either send us their policy coverage with the “emergency hospitalization” and “emergency repatriation” clauses highlighted, or opt for the plan through AUSM’s insurer.
We email orientation materials and pre-program readings a month before the program starts.[NOTE: most linked forms are fillable .pdf files; all application materials should be sent to email@example.com]